Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff.
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing banking relationships; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with account manager; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and some holidays
Assumes other duties as assigned by company management.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management Preferred
- 3-5 years previous restaurant experience required. (Actual duties assigned may vary according to amount of previous training, experience, and ability.)
- Cooperative attitude in performing a variety of tasks as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent Customer Service
- Foster teamwork and provide feedback to crew members
- Demonstrate leadership ability in a positive delivery style
- Experience with restaurant POS systems, Microsoft Office Applications, and Payroll/Accounting applications
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
Environment and Physical Demands
- Be able to handle a fast-paced working environment; flexible schedule
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to stand, squat, bend, and lift
- Stand and/or walk for entire shift